Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One year ago...

One year ago.... I was just out of surgery, and being moved to a room. I had a football sized cyst removed from my right fallopian tube.
We had been trying to have a baby for months, and months, and months... It wasn't happening. I finally went to see my OB/GYN, and after a lot of testing, the cyst was seen on a sonogram. And it was getting bigger.
As I laid in the hospital bed, My doctor talked to me about the surgery. She had never seen a cyst that size in that location. However, she was sure that the cyst was not the cause of our infertility. Something else was going on. And that scared me. I cried. I cried because I hurt, and I cried because I thought our chance at a baby was gone.
Hours after the surgery, I got my period. Which I had only been getting sporadically for the past few months. The doctors assumed it was just post surgery bleeding. But I knew different.
A few weeks later, I thought I ovulated. The doctor strongly disagreed. But I asked for the blood work anyway. It turns out I did! All on my own. Without the intervention of drugs, that the doctor believed I needed.

Today, I have a beautiful, three months old tomorrow, baby girl. It turns out, not only did I ovulate, but I was pregnant, before there was even another cycle. I am so happy, and Sophia fills my heart completely. I am complete, and it's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment