Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Losing it a little

I could totally just kick myself right now.

During my pregnancy, I gained about 12 pounds. Which was really awesome. And I had basically eaten whatever I wanted (within reason) while pregnant. So the lack of a major weight gain was great.
What was even better, was that in the first two weeks following Sophie's birth- I lost thirty pounds!! You hear that!! Thirty pounds!!! And I'll admit it, the first and second week I barely ate. I was too busy with Sophie, and when I wasn't with her, I was asleep. I managed on a small meal each day, with a ton of water. And I felt like I didn't need anymore than that.
In the third week, something changed. I was hungry. ALL.THE.TIME. And by all.the.time. I mean, I would finish eating something, and immediately get up and grab something else.
Even worse, by the fifth week, I was no longer grabbing the healthy options, but the junk that we had laying around.
So for the past week, I've been eating crap along with a good lunch and dinner (not always lunch though). Some of this I attribute to being up all night with Sophie. I don't have the option to get much else done, besides laying with her on the couch. And I'll probably snack if the snack doesn't involve needing both hands. Because Sophie will be in one arm.
And from eating very poorly this past week, I can already tell that I've picked back up a few pounds. I know I need to start eating better again, but ugh!! That is just too hard. And I'm kicking myself for even allowing myself to eat the crap that I have been.

Maybe writing it down will help me in the long run. But I am going to eat better!!! I was healthy for a few weeks, and I can do it again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment